Factory reset my iPhone.
Should I reset my phone before selling?
Whether your planning on selling your old mobile phone or giving it away, it's crucial to factory reset your old mobile, as you do not want anyone snooping your private information and pictures, especially family.
A factory reset is a permanent solution that will delete all the data on your mobile phone; this will take your phone back in time to when you first acquired the mobile device.
Factory resetting your Apple device will reset the device to the original operating system.
Mobile phone recycling businesses such as ourselves only accept mobile phones that are fully factory reset; this is because the phone needs to be refurbished and tested to resell.
It's time to back up your phone.
Now would be an ideal time to back up your mobile phone, more so if you are planning to upgrade your mobile phone.
If you are worried about losing your precious data, backing your phone up using google, a third-party application or even your laptop at this point will save you a lot of time and give you peace of mind. Below are some useful resources to
backing up your old mobile phone.
Before we get started, let's make sure that there is no information or pictures on the phone that you may need.
When dealing with old mobile phone sometimes batteries can be unpredictable especially if you have a faulty device, having a charger to hand or putting the phone on charge while you are factory resetting the phone would be a good idea.
How to back up my Apple iPhone Using desktop or iCloud.
Backup using desktop
- Log in to iTunes.
- Connect your Apple iPhone device using a USB cable.
- Select your Apple iPhone device.
- Here you will see an option to backup via Desktop or iCloud (Select your preference).
- Wait for the backup percentage to complete.
- Success! Disconnect your Apple iPhone device.
Backup using Apple iPhone device (iCloud).
- Go to settings
- Select your name located at the top.
- Select iCloud
- Swipe down to iCloud Backup.
- Make sure iCloud is enabled (your phone will now automatically backup).
- Select Backup Now.
HOW TO FACTORY RESET MY APPLE IPHONE USING PHONE OR ICLOUD
RESET USING YOUR IPHONE
- Select settings
- Select general
- Select reset
- Select erase all settings and content
- Enter your Apple ID credentials
- Confirm that you are happy to delete
Factory resetting your phone remotely using iTunes
- GO TO 'SETTINGS'
- SELECT 'GENERAL'
- SELECT 'RESET'
- SELECT 'ERASE ALL SETTINGS AND CONTENT'
- ENTER YOUR APPLE ID CREDENTIALS
- CONFIRM THAT YOU ARE HAPPY TO DELETE ALL RESET